Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Gathering the Data.

With the poem done, my focus was back on my statistics project, which started, of course, with figuring out what that project would be. The professor envisioned us creating an online survey and disaggregating that data. Naturally, that doesn't meet my needs or interests, and since I have access to some wonderful data from the California Department of Education, I prefer to use that. No problem with protecting identities, this is all public information.

Meanwhile, in my spare time (koff, koff) I'm serving a stint as Treasurer for my Toastmasters Club. Getting the paperwork signed at the bank and balancing the books has occupied some time. Ok, balancing books when we write perhaps six checks a year isn't THAT bad. I actually presented a speech, my first one in several years. That's fun, and my purpose is to entertain and provide a diverse point of view.

2 comments:

Judith Angell Meyer said...

If you won't share the poem, maybe you should make up for it and entertain us with your toastmaster's speech.

I mean, I was looking forward to your poem. Such disappointment ...

~J~

Judith Angell Meyer said...

Here I was feeling guilty that I haven't updated my blog for a long time, and thinking that any time you would be jumping at me, demanding an up date, but HA you haven't posted either ... You'd think you were a busy Doctorate student, also taking care of a guy, some assorted dogs, and a house!

Judy :-D