Saturday, July 7, 2007

Thing #2: The Habits

OK, I've started working through School Library Learning 2.0 online learning program, and thank you, Technology Committee, for making this available to all. I've recommended it to the Retired SIG, because there may be some of these technologies that they missed and want to learn about. Thanks to the motivation of the blog, I learned to resize and import photos.

When considering the Seven-and-one-half Habits, the last One-Half Habit, finding time to play, is the hardest for me, when there is so much else to do. However, let's define "play." A lot of what I do for work is fun, but I hestiate to call it "play" lest those who create my paycheck get confused about the number of hours I actually work.

The easiest habit is putting first things first, because my life is very full, and if I'm not careful, things just do not get done. So, perforce, I'm (right now) very good at prioritizing. With a few less things on my plate, that could change :-) Each day begins with a list of things that I want to do during the week, things that have to happen, and then from this list a daily list of "better do these things or else...." is created. Keeps me focussed.

2 comments:

Judith Angell Meyer said...

I too make my daily lists, but the things that don't actually get done should have been on a list of "better do these things or else...." Might to a better job of keeping me focused too!

Judith Angell Meyer said...

And what are the 7 1/2 habits? I think right off that play should be more than only one half!