Wednesday, July 25, 2007

The workyear begins anew...

People are returning to work after summer vacations, and discovering all sorts of things that inspire questions, that they think I can answer, or that my terrific clerk Pam can answer. Usually one of us knows or can find the answer.

Then I got an additional opportunity: write a poem. I do this several times a year, usually for things like birthdays or retirements, and it isn't as hard as you'd think. My friend Karen Robertson gave me the secret: if the lines don't want to rhyme, make them! With some creative pauses and ever so slight enunciation latitude, you'd be amazed at what will rhyme with what. The poem is mostly done, and only needs some fine tuning, two pages, which is about all that an audience can handle.

And I'm putting off homework with my blogging, and best get back to it.

1 comment:

Judith Angell Meyer said...

Looking forward to the poem!